MoeMoep

Member since Apr 2022 • Last active Feb 2024
  • 2 conversations
  • 13 comments

BangleJS2 Owner since April 2022
Before that Pebble Steel Time (but battery seems to have reached EOL)

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Works like a charm. Calibration App showed sth like -10 for vertical after 20 crosses.

• 14 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Good Idea, got a tiny-tip-touch-pen right here.
    The metal ball is the actual touch point. Basically the attached video shows the options screen. Tap on "Apps" will open the "System" Screen. Will happily do more debugging.
    It's not the 3-4mm i have above, that is probably the fat-finger-on-tiny-display problem.

• in Bangle.js

Is there a way to do a touchscreen calibration? I currently have to touch ~3-4 mm above the actual thing I want to hit.

• in Bangle.js

Longer term, yes, it'll be on F-droid.

Yay! 🎊

• in Bangle.js

LCDs work on the principle of subtractive color

I guess what NoMusicTuesdays wants to say is, that physically LCD is a light covered by coloured filters that reduce the amount of light passing through, so physically speaking it's a substractive light technology. (Please correct me if I am wrong!)

Nevertheless. Displays usually are driven with "rgb technology" (meaning that the software controlling the display expects whatever inputs it received to be in RGB values). (Also I don't know, where I am going with this now...)

• in Bangle.js

I was somewhat suprised QAlarm was still there. I decided to ditch the alarm altogether as the BangleJS2 does not seem to be loud enough. The pebble steel time was enough to wake me when i put it on the glas plate, but the bangleJS2 is lighter and the virbration motor is softer, so that does not work for me.

• in Bangle.js

I will certainly be a Kickstarter when the BJ3 is ready.

I ... don't think BJ is the best shorthand for the BangleJS 🙄

with a combination of online meeting tools / screen sharing, and the Web IDE relay, you can probably still teach them remotely?

They are not that technically interested yet, but the idea that something they do makes it onto a physical device in the real world they can interact with is captivating. They don't really have a concept of "everything is designed and procuded by someone". The physical "I can touch that" part is quite important for their motivation.

• in Bangle.js

Yes, QAlarm does this for achknowledgement purposes.

Actions