Cthulhu

Member since Feb 2022 • Last active Jul 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thank you for your responses. I have installed the required apps and will set it up when time allows. :-)

• in Bangle.js

Hi
    My Android phone is owned by the company I work for and is therefore locked down. I cannot install apps outside of Google Play, so I rely on the Bangle.js version of GadgetBridge that Gordon has so kindly supplied.
    My problem is that I cannot install any of the GB weather helper apps, since they all (to my knowledge) require F-droid.
    Does anybody know of a way to get weather data into GB without these helper apps? Or has a compatible helper app snug it's way into Google Play that I'm unaware of?
    Unless someone has a better suggestion, I guess my only option is to write my own clock app and then use HTTP requests to get the weather data. I just wish I had some more spare time on my hands. :D

• in Bangle.js

Thank you again for the heads up and for all your hard work. :-)

I have succesfully installed the app, but I don't have my Bangle.js on me ATM, but I will test it during the weekend and report back (if time allows it).

• in Bangle.js

Thank you both for the updates. :-)
    I'm perfectly fine with not getting any extra features ATM, I would just like to be able to use my Bangle.
    I guess the "vanilla" version available through F-Droid doesn't have any extra features yet either. So it's not like I'm missing out on anything. ;-)

• in Bangle.js

Any updates to this? Is there anything we (as a community) can do to help with this?
    The battery in my trusty old Pebble has begun showing it's advanced age. :-/

• in Bangle.js

My shiny new Bangle.js is sadly still collecting dust on a table.
    Do you have any news regarding progress on a Gadgetbridge version that can be downloaded through Google Play?

• in Bangle.js

I don't want to cause any stress or seem impatient, as I fully understand that you're a one-man-army drowning in support requests already. Nevertheless, I would like to know if it is possible to get a short update on the status on the Bangle.js-specific Gadgetbridge version for Android?
    My phone is provided by my employer and they do not allow sideloaded apps, so I cannot currently install F-droid and therefore Gadgetbridge.
    Thus I haven't really started using my awesome BJS2 yet and still rely on my trusty old Pebble Time Steel.

Actions