Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Jul 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

👍

• 22 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Battery life is currently at 67% since being charged on 9 Dec.
    Only used for message notifications and checking the time, so looks like toning down the sensitivity of the Twist action has helped a lot.

• in Bangle.js

Hi @HughB, maybe this is staring me in the face, but I installed that app and can't see any option to set a warning level.
    The options on the watch app settings are:
    Percentage
    Charging Icon
    Color
    Fill Bar
    Hide if >

• in Bangle.js

Updated the firmware to get the fix for the twist unlock when it was released. Currently on 236 version.
    Messed around in the first week with various apps and clock faces and testing notifications so expected the battery to run down quicker. But the last 2 weeks was just normal daily wear and the default clock.
    Anyway did a full charge last night, have done a complete reset to default apps, only added in 3 additional apps (GPS on/off indicator, charging indicator and quiet mode scheduler) and tuned the twist settings to dial down the sensitivity .
    12 hours later battery still says 100% so something seems to be working. (Or the battery indicator is broken :-) )

Was just curious if others had experienced battery life issues.

• in Bangle.js

Not sure about the threshold value, but when the timeout was at 1000, just turning my wrist seemed to unlock it.

• in Bangle.js

How are people finding the battery life?

I appreciate the advertised 4 week battery life is an optimistic expectation and the more apps you run or how often you interact with the screen will reduce the overall duration, but I am only getting 4 to 5 days before having to recharge.
    Also seems to run out very quickly at the end. Had a notification from the android Gadgetbridge app I was at 29% and then in the space of an hour dropped to 7% and then powered off at about 2% with no warning from the watch itself, not even a buzz.
    GPS is off, HRM is off.
    I do have the twist to unlock option set and close observation seems to indicate the settings were quite sensitive so have now adjusted to require a very sharp wrist flick to unlock but can't have been the reason for that sudden drop over an hour.

• in Bangle.js

Design by committee is always an "interesting" process, but agree that a reorganization is required and @hughb suggestions looks good.

Actions