SimonGAndrews

Member since Aug 2021 • Last active Nov 2021
  • 2 conversations
  • 16 comments

Retired Solution Architect (Xerox - Imaging Services)
Working on implementing Xstate
https://xstate.js.org/docs/packages/xsta­te-fsm/
on Microcontrollers for improving Service Delivery

Most recent activity

Thanks @Gordon,. I get the issue now with implementing.
    I appreciate your idea on the workaround and will try it out.

Really enjoying working with Espruino , Pico is great, 5v tolerance really useful.
    Will be putting up on github, XState with Espruino including hierarchical states , asap.
    Comming along well.

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

Hello,
    Im looking to use Function.name in javascript. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs­/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects­/Function/name
    while porting the Xstate library to Expruino.

I believe Function.name or similiar is not available in Espruino.
    Also a common polyfill uses function.toString() and Although Espruino does have Object.toString() which operates on a function , the returned string does not provide the name. (see attached).

Any thoughts on the possibility of implementing function.name or a workaround to get the name of a function ?
    Thanks in Advance

• in Projects

So been continuing with xstate-fsm-Espruino (as above ... XState/fsm for Espruino microcontrollers) but in test scenarios was very quickly missing the hierarchical functionality I had gotten use to with full XState on the Raspberry pi. So I've started to work on putting limited state chart functionality on top of xstate-fsm for Espruino. Early tests are can add hierarchical states with a few functions that manipulate state value (using a full XState ID format Inc custom IDs)' , get state parents etc. Hopefully still not breaking minimal memory constraints of the Espruino micros. Or deviating from XState principals. Will publish when a little more proven. Great fun in any event, and learning loads from XState as an example of functional programming in JS and Espruino, But what to call xstate-fsmPlus-Espruino ???

@allObjects , all useful stuff above Ta,. ...not to distract from @bertjerred 's build mission but Think it may be useful here to note what happens if a setWatch interrupt occurs while the previous SetWatch function is still running. Was going to test but see you comented on the subject ( 7 yrs ago :). http://forum.espruino.com/comments/11932­979/
    Is it correct still that setWatch triggered functions are queued and executed by the JS Interpreter in the order in which they occurred?
    (* in the simple case assuming the advanced IRQ' parameter features of set watch are not used )

Ta, and sorry for typos above. It is an MPR 121 and not MRP!

also note the interrupt fires on both the contact and release of the keypad button. In this snip Im assuming on release , mpr.touched() = 0, that is : no keys are touched so dont print the value. I imangine on a keyboard this may not be the case, so will need another way to to handle this. Good luck :).

Pure coincidence but I was working with an MRP121 keyboard on an Espruino MDBT42Q using the interrupt method. The interrupt is actually active low and hence needs a falling edge detection on the setwatch() function. Also the direct connection of the interrupt to an Espruino pin needs the internal pullup resistor enabling. Here is a working snipet to see the approach.

// Setup pins and interface to MPR121
    const sclPin = D15;
    const sdaPin = D14;
    const irqPin = D16; // interrupt from MRP121

I2C1.setup({scl:sclPin,sda:sdaPin});

// IRQ is Active Low, open Drain (ref datasheet) - make use of internal pullup 
    pinMode(irqPin,'input_pullup');

// connect to MRP121 via Espruino MRP121 library
    function mprConnected() {console.log ("MPR121 Connected");}
    var mpr = require("MPR121").connect(I2C1, mprConnected , { address: 0x5B});

// define function for interrupt (fires on touch AND release)
    function touchedIRQ() {
            //console.log ("debug - interrupt received");
            var keys = mpr.touched();
            if (keys != 0) {console.log("Touched: " + keys);}
    }

// watch the irqPin and fire the interrupt function on capacitance change
    // IRQ is active low, so trigger the interrupt on a 'falling edge'
    if (setWatch(touchedIRQ,irqPin,{repeat:true­, edge: 'falling'}) === 1) {
      console.log( "MPR Interrupt Enabled" );
    } 
    else {console.log ("error - set watch on interrput pin NOT enabled"); }

Also Note the MPR121 keyboard im using does not have pullup resistors for the I2C: SCL and SDA, so I have added a 4.7 K resistor on my prototype board between each of: sclPin and 3.3v and sdaPin and 3.3v , I believe some MRP121 breakout boards already have these.

Sorry not trying to confuse, if polling works that's fine I'm sure. Just so you know the option.

Actions