Member since Aug 2020 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 4 conversations
  • 55 comments

Most recent activity

• 21 comments
  • in Projects

super, thank you both.

• in Projects

If you just want nrf52 device with battery and screen and don't mind taking it apart to get GPIOs then the Magic3/C17 is cheapest and is even nrf52840 and relatively easy to open (price is about 11EUR with shipping and taxes from aliexpress)

I wanted to ask you, I will have a look myself, but did you happen to find any unused pins on the board, like you did for the dsd6 back then?

• in Projects

hello @jmontane, yes I will upload the code to github, and will make a final parts list for the electronics.

as for the controller, I was thinking about it a bit too. @fanoush may know of a band that could work and is still on sale, or maybe an official espruino board could be used, or even an esp board if battery operation is not importand, or maybe have it in sleep mode. (I have not yet done any proper measurements, but the prototypes are now 2 months in, 300+ empty cycles, ~65% battery level, idle consumption of the powerbank module looks good)

I used the ds-d6, because I had some, Ι wanted the controller to be waterproof and it was easy to use the accelerator for sensing movement, but I will use the magic3 (*) next, I will place it on the top of the power bank/motor cover, it is removable so it makes sence for easy deep cleaning, and I will use a shaking vibration sensor- Ι am not sure how they are called, little glass capsules- for the sensing part, so maybe you could get one of those, the code for it will be on github too, with menus etc.

I plan to upload the current code for the dsd6 on github by monday.

(*) https://forum.espruino.com/conversations­/347237/?offset=50#comment17292219

• in Projects

I couldn't resist (again) and got some more.

nice, I got two more too, for this price it is super.

this one is ~8 if I clear cookies do not login, yours went to 12euro when I loged in to aliexpress, still very nice. :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10050059­35723945.html

• in Projects

maybe some delay between connecting and reading data could help, I think there is MTU negotiation running right after device is connected, but it is there too also even for SDK12

thanks, I think I remember talking about this in the past, adding delays did help, it now allways connects, but only if the interval is 7.5-100, 7.5-7.5ms will not work on the bangle js2 for me, nothing like the p8 or the magic with 6.0.0. Strange, I will play more., thank you for your time.

Edit: I just used 6.0.0 in the magic with 2.21, it behaves like the bangle, connects if delays are in place but not in 7.5 ms, comms are slow and it disconnects every 5 secs or so, strange, I think I remember that it was related with the feature of multiple connections that was introduced some time back, but I may have it mixed up in my mind.

• in Projects

sory to spam on this thread, last one :)

This is what I am getting (most of the times, some times it conects) on the bangle2 2.21 when trying to connect to a unicycle using my scripts.

Uncaught Error: Unhandled promise rejection: Disconnected
    Uncaught InternalError: BLE task completed that wasn't scheduled (SERVICE/NONE)
    Uncaught Error: ERR 0x8 (INVALID_STATE) (:2082)

is bangle using 6.1.x too?

• in Projects

You mean S140 6.1.1? and you reduced writing block size to 2048?

I think so, it is the one you have on your github, and I think I managed to reduce the block size to 2048, I am not very sure I did it right though.

It works, but I am facing some issues when connecting to my unicycle, I think I have seen the same problem in the past, I remeber that I was able to overcome it, but I need to remember how. I have the same problem with the bangleJS2 on 2.21, so it seems that it is not magic3 related, the bangle has very simmilar behaviour ( I am using 7.5ms connection interval) .

The connection takes some more time, and it feels like there are two of them at the same time, one goes through and one fails, causing my script to restart comms, but it maybe be something else, I will play a bit more.

also, I did loose the advertising of the magic(2.21 /6.1.1 -and I tested 6.1.0 too, the same as 6.1.1 as far as I can tell) two or three times, I am not sure what caused it, reset()/E.reboot() did not help, I had to use the watchdog to restart, and then it was visible again.

I have a disable/enable BT switch on the gui, this does not work too, if I disable the BT it will not be visible once enabled, reset()/E.reboot() does not help, only the watchdog works for restoring incomming connections. (this also aplies to the banglejs2, so maybe it is espruino 2.21 related -Edit: disable/enable BT using the bangle os bluetooth connectable menu works, so maybe something has changed and the way I do it is not correct anymore.)

• in Projects

yes I used the older forked loader, I can see the atob was not replaced. I see I have some catching up to do, for now magic3 with 2.21 and 6.1.1 seems to work fine, thanks again.

Actions