kri100s

Member since Apr 2020 • Last active Jun 2020
  • 3 conversations
  • 12 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I never tried web bluetooth on a phone as client. I imagine the phone would have to make itself discoverable. As a hardware it should be capable. I am guessing you need to run some client side app or enable setting.

Yes, you could test it with your phone first.
    @Gordon suggested laser sensors which would be my choice too.
    I am wondering what do you want to use the ranging for. From your initial project description I suspect you are trying to not only get rotation/inclination but also translation (moving in line)? If thats true I think this project might be more challenging. You get into stuff like SLAM and sensor fusion.

Maybe not the most straight forward answer but you should be able to get it running based on those two posts.
    First is Web Bluetooth app connecting to a gyro device and visualising using three.js. Its not an espruino device but you should get the idea.
    http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­347308/#comment15271498
    Second is Web Bluetooth app connecting to espruino Bangle watch and visualising using tinydash.
    http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­346860/#comment15254612

So using bits from both examples you should be able to do what you want. I want to make a version for the second demo using three.js but its not going to be any time soon.

Hope that helps.

• in Porting to new Devices

Design is really nice. Similarities to apple watch. Not so many sensors. It would be nice to run espruino on it. I thought esp32 espruino build doesnt support the Bluetooth yet?

• in Bangle.js

That sounds good, thanks.

• 5 comments
  • in Projects

Looks great! Its nice to play with physical buttons and knobs in the world of touchscreens and virtual UIs.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks Gordon. Global setting might just add complexity and cause problems somewhere else. I am fine with what I am doing now as solution. I thought it might be good idea to rise this topic so developers make the fonts more readable sizes.
    For the BTN2 disabling seems nice solution. I wont have to edit apps and having sequence to launch menu makes it child proof as well :)

• in Bangle.js

Hi Everyone,

Is it that I am old and my sight isnt so great anymore or some widgets/apps fonts set to size 1 are just too small to read. I ended up editing Gadgetbridge, morphing clock (seconds) and weather widget font sizes so I can see them. I wonder could that be solved with some setting for at least widgets to make them bigger.
    Another thing that I change for clock apps is the middle button launcher. I press it accidentally when tilt my wrist all the time. I changed the launcher to BTN3 but then for that app you cant exit menu with BTN3 so I just relaunch.
    I wonder what are your thoughts on this and maybe have better solutions.

Thanks!

• in JavaScript

I use vs code for almost everything including web bluetooth development. I would be interested in using it for espruino. Do you have any template as a starting point? I would like to know how hard would it be to setup debugging for espruino in vs code. Let me know if you have that setup.

Actions