parasquid

Member since Jun 2019 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 0 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

Next meeting seems to be happening 15th Jan via teleconference: https://github.com/EcmaTC53/admin

• in Bangle.js

I'm a recent convert to TS and would love to have pre-built type definitions for Espruino (I found that most of the issues that come with porting legacy apps to TS is the lack of typedefs and therefore wrestling with TS to just get things done).

• in Tutorials

Only if the firmware on your nrf52832 chip is set to advertise on powerup. Bare chips usually would have a factory firmware that don't do anything (at least the ones I've had).

You should connect the four wires (swd + power) and see if openocd will show the chip as a target. This setup is very sensitive to movement/interference so try to keep things as stable as possible, without any background programs running on the pi.

• in Electronics

I have recently rediscovered the magic of wire wrap because of how cheap the tools and wires are nowadays. Most of my prototyping now involve wire wrap in some form or the other.

(I'm somehow not able to upload images, so I'm putting a gphotos link instead of a small rpi to arduino uno shield adapter for quickly reusing shields with the pi)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bzHsnE9Sq9sqpw­4P6

• in News

I'm looking forward to write something up, it's just that the Espruinos I got from the kickstarter are only coming in March :D

Maybe you'd want to reopen this once the kickstarter rewards have been shipped out?

• in Tutorials

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I'm also prepping for an Espruino talk (although sadly I'm gonna be using an ESP32 as shipping to Malaysia is a bit too expensive, and none of the local electronic shops sell official Espruino boards).

The webcam tip is something I didn't think of, but now I'm gonna have to incorporate in the talk :)

• in Tutorials

HacksterIO is definitely quite annoying, but nothing like a clear cookies extension can handle :) That way it stops the annoying login gate, but keeps the article in my history.

Currently though my go-to site surprisingly would be Youtube. I have an hour's walk to work, and another hour's walk back home and listening to (while occasionally watching) interesting tutorials or technical notes during the walk allows me to catch up on stuff.

Actions