parasquid

Member since Jun 2019 • Last active Jan 2021
  • 10 conversations
  • 155 comments

Most recent activity

• in Porting to new Devices

I got sent one of these boards (BL602) as well over the holidays through a twitter giveaway they made. Haven't really played around with it that much yet, but this is a good reminder :)

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Wow. That's a really bad failure rate.

I stopped buying my stuff from aliexpress and started using digikey for bulk purchases (since they do free shipping for over $50) or element14 for smaller batches (which is slightly more expensive per item but free shipping all the way).

• in General

I brought out one of mine that I bought sometime back and didn't actually use, and it looks like these boards have some sort of demo firmware in them by default (not the AT command set that Espruino or Arduino is expecting).

You can check if yours is the same by turning it on and seeing if you have something like "ai-thinker" show up in your wifi networks.

If I connect to mine with the password "ai-thinker" and go to

192.168.4.1/client?command=info

I see some information as a webpage, which tells me mine does NOT have the AT commandset.

You might need to flash your own firmware on the shield in that case as mentioned here https://www.espruino.com/ESP8266#updatin­g-esp8266-firmware

Maybe others might have more ideas that don't involve flashing the wifi devboard? It's relatively easy for me so I don't really think twice about it, but others might have a different technique.

• in General

I don't know if your Espruino has Serial2 but have you tried Serial1 like you did in your previous example?

• in Bangle.js

Ah, I didn't notice that. I guess @Gordon needs to update this text :P

Yes, I use the Web IDE to flash the Espruino firmware. I attached a screenshot.

• in General

Espruino Wifi requires the AT commandset firmware be available on the wifi shield. See also https://www.espruino.com/ESP8266#gotchas­

Maybe you need to check if you have the correct firmware on the shield? https://www.espruino.com/ESP8266#firmwar­e-versions

• in Bangle.js

That link looks to be the actual Espruino firmware. It allows the watch to interpret and run javascript.

You can also have your own JS firmware which you might call as "apps" and you can update or upload that via the Web IDE (the Bangle bootloader, clock, basically anything you see on the watch are just apps running on top of Espruino).

The Web IDE can also update the Espruino firmware on the watch, although not all browsers support Web Bluetooth (as far as I can tell the best success comes with Google Chrome). I've updated my watch and various other bluetooth Espruinos via the Web IDE. I'm not sure where you found where it says it only works with USB devices though.

The command line version should also be able to connect via bluetooth, I just haven't tried it yet. See for example the bluetooth mentioned in one of the commandline arguments:

-p,--port /dev/ttyX      : Connect to a serial port
      -p,--port aa:bb:cc:dd:ee : Connect to a Bluetooth device by addresses
      -p,--port tcp://192.168.1.50 : Connect to a network device (port 23 default)
      -d deviceName            : Connect to the first device with a name containing deviceName

• in Bangle.js

The latest vscode (October 2020 update) now has support for recursive clones

https://code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1­_51#_git-recursive-clone-command

Git: Recursive clone command
    With the Git: Clone (Recursive) command,
    you can now recursively clone Git repositories, including its nested
    Git submodules.

• in Porting to new Devices

let me know if you're having a group buy! and would it be possible to send the watch along any items we purchase in the espruino shop (with the christmas deal and all)

• 5 comments
Actions