I've done something silly, I had an older nRF52-DK loaded with Espruino 2.00 (latest that applies) and was delighted that it seemed to discover/connect faultlessly via the Web-IDE link with a recent Chrome browser on my older Ubuntu 16.04 workstation.
Today I did several experiments changing the bootloader (mBed dap) instance on the board, and then upgrading the bootloader via JlinkEXE 6.5x under Ubuntu 16.04. I did a lot of drag and dropping of several pre-compiled BLE apps, again just experimenting.
After, I tried to go back to my initial condition, that is Jlink driver from the Nordic site, and Espruino v. 2.00 the web-serial connection works OK, but my web-ble does not?! Nordic Connect on my MotoE finds the Espruino-DK ble advertisement, and the uart service will connect.
I get a failure to web-ble pair in one instance, and then it refuses to start at all next time. I can't see what I could have changed visa vie my previous Espruino install???
Any ideas what I've done wrong restoring this cool functionality?
Correction Espruino firmware was at 2.01...
So a complete, patient reboot, and being persistent on making the connection gets me here.
The web-serial and ble connection both work, which is ideal. Can't be sure what I did, except the Jlink OB fimrware off the Nordic webpage, and Espruino V2.01 can be made work on Ubuntu 16.04, and the latest Chrome.
The web-ble connection seems to be considerably slower than the web-usb, which I did not notice last time.
Paradoxically, upgrading the Jlink firmware with JLinkExe 6.62a fixed the slow BLE uplink.
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© Espruino, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem