You are reading a single comment by @Hardware_Hacks and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi All,

I'm a bit stuck when trying to send a text message via my GSM2 Click device which uses the M95 chip.

I have the module accepting AT commands through Serial4 however I really can't get the syntax working correctly to send a SMS message sucesfully.

I can carry out the following commands:

I firstly set the chip to Text Mode:

>Serial4.println("AT+CMGF=1"); 
    =undefined 
    �AT+CMGF=1

I then set the number to send the SMS to (I have added in the xxx's for anonymity)

>Serial4.println("AT+CMGS=\"078177xxxxx\­"");
    =undefined
    uAT+CMGS="078177xxxxx"

> ���+���������r�:ֿ�{�m�I���}Δ�{�ϧ�uI�m�C�­�_o��������u�ݵ��Ͽ�+�����+ɷ�������{�x�>_E­�w���������Y�+>����ጒ���v?�7�흶i��q~��&��|­�{-����nzn�����{��Jo��]��}v�!>�+������Mx­����w��u��sC+M��������NAWޘ+~��w�B������l­

U������M��{�D�������Uj���/ػa�k����}?�r��­�d�,5�#��C����y�$~nޯ���}�������������|k�­�ױw�+߿�n��moP�ַ��������3�w����=�4���U���­/���������(w{�X�����^

����z�U��^�����\�O�־�����5������aוl����.­Vݽ�E=�����ξa�b�'��{��?n���j�
                                                                            }��g�����ս�������3E�a��Re}��ݘޙj�zO�Ӧ��7�­�}��^����'��w^������e����q;��m�������l~�­�^��y����~����Î�������~�o���!{�������y��­ͽoo�ck�yM��.�}���L���߳C�}���<w���K�w����­��|��gn��巹9��w���w��{��������u�v������k�­�{G��x?�����k����{��ݟ���|��K��������d���­���߿��������������9n�������Y{?����f����g­e�E�g��������}Y���FV�}��_(��g�~�?�������­�(�������$������|���*y����?�>����o��
                      ����������{����{���k�[z��^m����گ���/��=ߞ­�����݀[��k�u����{���o��C��/�7���&z����?�­���]�׃���~�������{��{��~?��z���~g�f��

�����b������W�nag����l�JgO�O{ۼ�����^���v­}n�r?Ϸ��7��˸�v������w�w���'���7�|L��}�o�­}�no}��������������D���?�����k��L�����:O­���퇻����].ߏ��������x��������-���]�>�9���­g_oKӯ����q�

����������~>K�Kl���>�����~��k����+�m����­�����U뿶"�������W���?ۿ{�=_ˣ�w�ׯ����~'���m­n��U��o��u峣���w��V����}���ߞ�_�������ݥ7��­
                                                                                                                                    ����������e���]i��b���{ϟ_|��'�j|{no��o�}­~��<����v~�����{����¯����M���~��6�������­����ׯ�Ǯ����������u����B����?0���|����'�ݼ­��߷�����s�����g?S�WЏ���5ڣ���
                                                                                                                                             �����:��v�w���������W�ᆵ�7�3��������ۺ���?­?�����ϳ���}��~���������������ۻW����5

OK

As you can see there is a lot of garbled characters but the output is an "OK" at the end.

I then assume that the Serial4 is sat at the ">" prompt where I would then enter the text for the text message so I go ahead with the following command:

>Serial4.println("testing a sms message");
    =undefined

From here I know I need to send a CTRL+Z character at the prompt to send the message so I carry out the following:

>Serial4.write(0x1A);
    =undefined

However.. I receive nothing. I would expect to see an ID number pop up and the message to go through to my phone.

Any ideas where I am going wrong here I've been messing around with all the variants I can think of - changing the Serial.write to print and print to println with no luck.

About