You are reading a single comment by @cephdon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • There was a moment, when I was trying to flash my Espruino, that I thought I had bricked it. I had flashed the board and the firmware did not work. The lights would not turn on and the serial port would not initialize. Then I tried to set it into bootloader mode, but I found that doing so does not initialize the serial either, so I thought I was out of luck for reflashing my board.

In the end, I held down button 1 and reset while unplugging and plugging in my board. Once the board was plugged in again, I released reset which put the board into BootLoader mode again, but this time the serial port was initialize and I could reflash it with the current good version of the firmware.

Maybe a similar method will re-initialize the usb port and allow you to flash the firmware on your board to get it back into working state (yes, I know that you didn't flash the board initially, but it might not hurt to do so as a means of trying to fix it).

Just an idea.

About

Avatar for cephdon @cephdon started