• Espruino's embedded Jscript seems to be a nice concept!
    How complex would it be to add Espruino's JScript engine on STM32F437 (more Flash/RAM) using IAR toolchain running on Windows PC? (IAR does not use/import makefile). How easy it is to access the low level C HW drivers from Javascript? Is it also possible to use same or secondary serial bus from MCU to output some global variables/events to the WebIDE either in text value or graphical (gauge, 2D graph, table) form? (by JSON elements?)
    Blockly provides input as graphical, if the debug outputs can too be graphical, it may be nice. Thanks for your advice.

• Personally I think you're making a huge amount of work for yourself. If you're serious about getting started, use the toolchain we use (Codesourcery GCC), use Linux, and follow the instructions.

I don't believe anyone has built Espruino for the F437 parts yet, but it shouldn't be a big problem as I've had it working on the F429. The most tricky bit would be getting USB working, as that could be different to the F407 that's in the F4Discovery.

As far as reporting back data, @JumJum had added some code to the old Web IDE that 'took over' the console on the left, and then used it to graphically report values. That's something that you could do very easily if you were just using Blockly - it would require no special C code - just some JavaScript that was sent over to Espruino by the Web IDE.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Porting Espuino's jscript on custom STM32F437II datalog compact USB/BT board

Posted by Avatar for user7029 @user7029

Actions