You are reading a single comment by @cephdon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Loop,

You will want to use the arm-none-eabi-gcc version 4.7.3 (Carlson-Minot Mac OSX Intelx86 2013.05-23 Lite) from Code_Sourcery_2013.5-23. It produces the smallest code. I just took the binaries and placed them on my system and in my path.
    Also, I don't know what IDE you use(or if you use one), but I looked high and low and the best one I could find was QT Creator (on osx), all of the others had issues debugging or were incredibly slow. You can find instructions online for how to import projects with existing code. It takes a bit of fiddling, but once you get used to it, the way they setup different configurations is kinds natural... just watch out if you edit the makefile...you have to do it in VIM mode to keep tabs in the correct places.

You will want to install gdu from coreutils.. I got it from macports. It is needed to check the size of your compiled binary to make sure it will fit inside of the device. Linux uses the du command for this, but the osx version doesn't have the correct options, that is why gdu is necessary.

From memory, I think thats all there is...then the code compiles (with my makefile changes) and you can run the target to write it to the device.

About

Avatar for cephdon @cephdon started