Duplicated sched app?

Posted on
  • I notice that when I list my apps on my Bangle.js 2 the sched app/library in particular shows up twice, the same version number in both instances. If I look at the list of storage files, I see that each file making up the sched app similarly appears in duplicate (that is, each filename of that app appears twice in the list). I was wondering if there was some reason for this. As far as I know, it's been this way ever since I received the watch new.

• Last year I had this once with another app that did not work right at that time. What helped was to manually remove all files and to (re-)install the specific app.

• That's odd - how exactly were you listing files?

It looks like perhaps your Bangle's storage got corrupted at some point (maybe with an earlier firmware version). I'd suggest trying to run a backup using the app loader (which should give you a zip file) and then restore that backup to the watch with the app loader. That should hopefully refresh everything while removing the duplicates

• Just chiming in about a similar issue I’ve experienced with my Bangle 2s. Both of my watches consistently display two identical scheduler apps in the ‘Installed’ section of the app loader, similar to what Tev described. Even after all the factory resets and firmware upgrades I’ve performed, these duplicate apps persist. Initially, I thought this was normal and speculated there could be a reason for having two of the same app.

• I only have the one entry of sched in my list of installed apps on the app loader.

• That's odd - how exactly were you listing files?

I was seeing the duplication both in the app loader's app list and when browsing the Storage files in the IDE.

I can't be exactly sure when I first noticed it, but it was pretty soon after unboxing. I think the very first thing I did upon plugging it in to charge and powering up was to update the firmware (since the app loader suggested it). I think the old FW was 2v16 or 2v17, can't remember for sure, and I installed 2v18. I think I tried installing apps directly after that.

Anyway, I noticed that the duplicate files did not appear in the ZIP produced by the backup feature, so I tried what you said and made a backup and restored it, erasing storage before the restore. Everything seems intact but with only one “sched” app instead of two, so it seems that solved it.

• Thanks! I actually figured out what the issue was and fixed it but I couldn't find this thread to update it.

The code that creates the 'factory reset' image that's embedded into the firmware didn't check for duplicates, so any factory reset would add duplicate files. It's not a huge problem though.

It should now be fixed, so cutting edge builds (or 2v19 when it's released) will have it fixed

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Duplicated sched app?

Posted by Avatar for tev @tev

Actions