You are reading a single comment by @tev and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The codes in the debug log definitely look like terminal escapes, though I'm not sure exactly what formatting they're for. Normally colors and formatting aren't that essential, but perhaps other characters in certain output might be important. If it is just the same output that the left pane in the IDE would display, I wonder if it would make sense to have a button or tab shortcut there for viewing the contents of the debug log using the same VT100 interpretation of escape codes. I'm not sure if the debug log file is an Espruino- or just Bangle-specific implementation, but it seems like a quick-view feature could be a handy debug tool.

The BLE interval makes sense. That would also explain why the response in the console sometimes seemed a little laggy for a moment. Checking the running app is a good point; I should have thought of that but didn't. I've mainly been using Timer Clock as the clock, but I just tried it with the default Anton clock and the first page of Settings and didn't notice any difference in behavior—it still happens the same.

I played with setConnectInterval and do notice that any interval higher than about 100ms seems to consistently reproduce the bad behavior. Lower intervals work okay. So far it seems that this is the only thing that causes the weird behavior.

Yes - this is more laziness in implementation I think. The text is added to the filename in the Storage window so you can see that the files are different (as this can be important), but then when saving the original filename should really be used.
    Although... I have to juggle a lot of stuff with Espruino - it is literally just me working full time on this - and it's unlikely I'll get time to put in fixes for all this stuff. If you'd be willing to jump in and make some fixes, that'd be great - as with the app loader you can just fork the IDE and host your own copy with GitHub pages for development if that's easier than having a local server

Understandable. I'm kind of overwhelmed with various ideas myself and it's hard to decide what to do when. :) It looks like the priorities are in the right places, though, as the important underlying functionality seems pretty solid. Most of the things I'm encountering are fairly minor UI/polish type stuff, and that can always be fixed. I may consider taking a stab at some of it at some point.

About