• I got my bangle.js 2 a couple of days ago, and I tried calibrating the battery at full charge through the settings, but after doing so ("calibrate battery", "yes") it prints a couple of messages and then hangs at "Reloading..." forever. If I hold the button for a few seconds and release when I see "Loading...", I get back to the clock, but I feel like that's probably not what's intended to happen there.

I have a few non-default apps installed (the Android integration, Battery Level Widget (Themed), SleepPhaseAlarm, a slightly hacked version of Mountain Pass Clock), but I'm kind of doubtful that any of them could be causing this.

• So as soon as you long-press to reload you go back to the clock and everything is ok from then on?

If so I think I've just reproduced and fixed this - if you update from the 'development app loader' it should be fine now I hope!

• Is that the one at espruino.github.io/BangleApps? I've just tried using the Firmware Update app from there to update to the cutting edge build (2v14.54, which I thought I was already on), and it still hangs at "Reloading...", so I must be missing something. (yes, it seems fine after a long-press back to the clock; I have some weirdness with certain widgets not rendering sometimes, but I'm chalking that up to either the widgets or the clock doing something wrong)

• Is that the one at espruino.github.io/BangleApps?

That's the one! Actually you didn't need to update the Bangle.js firmware itself, you just needed to connect and make sure all the apps were up to date. Settings v0.49 should fix it I hope.

• aha, I didn't notice Settings 0.49 earlier – that fixes it, yep! thanks :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js 2 stuck at "Reloading..." after calibrating battery

Posted by Avatar for sorrel @sorrel

Actions