Bluetooth Problems

Posted on
  • I'm having problems connecting to my banglejs2
    It's worked flawlessly for months, but for some reason I now can't connect to it from any device
    (phone/laptop/pc)
    I can occasionally get it to work after a factory reset but it doesn't last more than a day.
    I managed to update the firmware to 2.13 but that hasn't made much difference

Rebooting shows -> Bluetooth and resetting shows <- Bluetooth
    rebooting without any code just shows the normal screen, but device can't be detected
    Same goes for DFU mode

is there anything else I can do ?

This is also me - not sure why I have a different id - I've signed in via google
    http://forum.espruino.com/comments/16472­819/

• In that last post, you posted that everything had started working again?

and resetting shows <- Bluetooth

Ok, so that's when you do the 'reset without loading code'? You see the Bangle.js logo, and then a second or two later you see it scroll up a bit and <- Bluetooth message is shown?

If that's the case then I can pretty much guarantee something is auto-connecting to the Bangle. Like most Bluetooth devices, the Bangle can only have one connection. So if Gadgetbridge is connecting, you can't connect with anything else (even on the same phone).

• When I do the 'reset without loading code' - i just see the logo nothing else

when I do a factory reset I see <- Bluetooth
    and when I reboot normally i see -> Bluetooth

Also the bluetooth widget is greyed out, normally when i connect then it turns blue

• Also the bluetooth widget is greyed out, normally when i connect then it turns blue

Ok, thanks. Yes, that'd be a sign - so it seems like it's just intermittent?

I'll ask Christine to get in touch about getting a replacement out.

• Its more off than on - and I can't always get it to work - at the moment it's been off for 2 days with several factory resets

Do you need my banglejs2 back ?

• I think Christine has got in touch already by email. It'd be good to get it back, yes - so we can figure out what's wrong and possibly get the factory to replace it so we're not losing out too much.

No need to send it back first though - we'll get a replacement out to you before.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bluetooth Problems

Posted by Avatar for user142986 @user142986

Actions