You are reading a single comment by @BillM and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I ran a 9km circuit this morning and I am quite happy with the recorded track. There were between 6 and 7 satellites used during the run. The attached plot shows a detail of part of the run. If I can get similar results on all my runs, I would be very happy.

One thing to note: my run started on a downtown street (two traffic lanes with parallel parking on each side) with two to three storey buildings on each side and the GPS altitude was around -90m at the start. This resolved itself after a few blocks out of the "canyon", but the start elevation for the run was set at -90m.

I added a mode to the app to be able to switch SBAS on and off (at least, issue the commands) during a run. I tested it this afternoon when 8 satellites were used. The tracks after the SBAS on command qualitatively look better than the tracks after issuing the SBAS off command, but the differences are not huge. Having 8 satellites will generate good results.

In my log file, though, I did notice that after sending a SBAS command to the GPS, it undergoes an initialization and sends out the usual startup $GPTXT messages. So, the $PCAS15,4 command is doing something.

1 Attachment

• 20220407am.jpg
About