• Hello,
    my banglejs1 has old version DFU so "bootloader", "launcher" and "setting" are also old version. Hence, I want to upload new version DFU and then newest bootloader, launcher and setting that are prefered in official website of banglejs1 . I have written a customise app for me( it was run properly) however the customised app started to not run after updating operation? What could be possible reasons of that? And is there any way that I want to get back older versions of bootloader, launcher and setting into my banglejs1?

• Hi,

The actual DFU (firmware bootloader) on Bangle.js 1 doesn't ever need to change (in fact it has hardly been changed since the first Bangle). I don't provide any firmware update files for changing it.

However I guess you mean you updated the watch firmware? Did you update it to 2v12?

You could go back to older JS apps by making your own copy of the BangleApps repository and then checking out a version from a year or so ago.

However the best thing to do would be for you to open the Web IDE, connect to your Bangle, and then run your app. Chances are there'll be an error shown in the Web IDE and that'll give you a hint as to what's not working in your app now.

If you post it up here we can probably help.

• Thanks for guidence after a short time. Yes, the versin of DFU was 2v10 then I uploaded 2v12 as DFU. However, I can not easily see my code error in terminal because I have an application that runs via any other BLE device and then there is no way that I find to debug my code after sent it to banglejs1 in WebIDE terminal. I think there maybe possible way to debug it in WebIDE terminal but I have to disconnect the banglejs1 from WebIDE to connect it with my other BLE device via bluetooth. And run my application.

• And, I want to ask one more question, could you help me in order to restore my apps like below,
    bootloader --> 0v39
    launcher --> 0v09
    Where I can find these files?
    Thanks.. :D

• I'm not entirely sure I understand - you say that your app requires the Bangle be connected to another BLE device?

You could always add Terminal.setConsole() to the beginning of your app - it will ensure that any errors/messages get printed to the LCD screen - so at least you'll get some idea if something is going wrong.

To find earlier firmwares, you just look in the GitHub history. Best to look at Blame for the ChangeLog. For example:

https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/bĀ­lame/master/apps/boot/ChangeLog

Click on the link to the left, then Browse files and you can find all the files at that date. You can upload them manually by the Web IDE.

But I'd be pretty certain that is not your problem

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

After updating some files, my customised app doesnot work properly!

Posted by Avatar for user137249 @user137249

Actions