You are reading a single comment by @kab and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I am working on my next project. I'd like to change volume via BLE by using the Puck lying flat on a table and rotating it left or right to send a BLE advertisement volume up (right) or volume down (left). So, rotate puck right - send signal "volumeup". rotate Puck left send signal "volume down".

I don't want (I think) to use the hid keyboard/mouse etc options because I want just a passive signal being sent out to Espruino Hub and "translate" the advertisement via MQTT. I don't want the Puck to have to be connected.

I have tried the various postings for compasses, mag/accel/ averaging but really had no luck. Must admit the maths go a bit over my head. I think what I should be watching is x? going positive or negative but haven't found that to be true in my tests.

The I found the puckrotate posted code on the apploader(?) which works, if the button is vertical. I have tried to figure out how to change it such that it works with the button flat - with no luck.

Thanks

About