You are reading a single comment by @Stunts and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I think it's possible that Kitchen Combo is pushing the limits of free memory. I wonder if @HughB (the developer) has the Gadgetbridge widget as I guess he may have designed Kitchen Combo to run without it.

Ok, so maybe we can work together with @HughB to try and optimize memory usage? For instance, "Multi Clock" which has a very similar font to "Kitchen Combo" also used to give me low memory problems. Maybe there is room for optimization there?

In the meantime, just today something else happened (which might be related to this issues). My Bangle.js stopped receiving notifications from gadgetbridge - not completely stopped, it would vibrate, but no notification message would appear. I tried to reboot the phone by accessing "Settings", but a longpress on BTN2 resulted in the dreaded red "Memory" message in the bottom. So I tried a long BTN3 press, to reset the watch face, but instead of resetting the watch face I just got a black screen. After a few seconds, the red "Low Memory" message appeared again. Since the Bangle.js was completely unresponsive, I did the longpress on BTN1+BTN2 to reboot it, which it did. But something went wrong, and now the watch is stuck on the "splash" screen (attached).
    Rebooting it using the same method, doesn't seem to help.
    While the Bangle.js is stuck in this screen, is there anything I can do to debug?
    I suppose reinstalling all apps should solve the issue, but maybe we can learn something else from this state?

Thanks!

1 Attachment

• photo_2021-07-21_18-25-50.jpg
About

Avatar for Stunts @Stunts started