• Thinking about I'm wondering - would it be better to generate an image from the array,it would need to be a full 8bpp, could probably get away with 5 or 6.

If I can make the image roll around the screen then I can use that as the pre-calculated background?
    I think having to shift or unshift the arrays is where it's slowing down so it seems like a good place generate it once and reuse it

For the effect, Each filled rectangle width is (screen width / total gradient array length) so you get the effect of each colour at the edge and the wide bar of each colour, and a pretty smooth gradient effect.

I was thinking also pre-storing all the theme steps instead of generating them each time, but if it's only run once I think having the function seems better as it's only a single calculation each time.

I also wanted a random option, but BangleJS's Math.random isn't random enough! I even tried adding a multiplier from the accelerator each time the function was called to make it more random but it was still generating colour combinations too close to each other.

About

Avatar for tanepiper @tanepiper started