• Did you try an official build, or it was just what you built yourself? If you didn't make clean that'd have caused all kinds of issues.

But basically what I've done sets the creation time just fine, it just doesn't touch the modified time?

I was lazy and, since I had just built everything else, did a make and saw that fattime.c had been compiled. It was only after I changed ff.c and rebuilt, again not 'clean', that the behavior worked. Whether or not it would have worked without the change to ff.c and done a clean build, I'm afraid, I don't know. I'd have to remove the change to ff.c and rebuild it to know for sure whether that change was necessary.

Um, no, setting SPI to 3 did nothing useful other than remove the error when I tried to setup SPI2. No error, but also no joy as there was no SPI activity using SPI2 instance. If I simply changed the code to use SPI1, but the same pins, everything worked except when I tried to use D09 as a CSpin - that didn't work. In my Board file I had commented out the NFC section that defines the NFC pins, but apparently the HW still configures them. I had to move to pin D11 for the CSpin.

It makes sense that larger blocks would benefit from faster SPI, but I'm not there yet. 1MHz is ok for now. I can't use software SPI since theoretically I'll have concurrent SPI operations, but I have a feeling that, with this environment, I may be pushing the envelope a bit too much to achieve that.

I haven't heard of many people using it, but the current behaviour wasn't intentional - could you send a PR? :)

Sure, what's a 'PR'? :-)

About