You are reading a single comment by @consolenaut and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Damn, thought we had this sorted but I've come across some other weirdness -_- First off, thanks again for all your help, I know everyone here is busy so I appreciate the time. Second, I've come across a couple of issues interfacing with two MCP23017s, one on address 0b0000101 and one on address 0b0000111, I'll list them below:

1) Address 0b0000000 fails to connect for some reason.
    2) The 'writePort()' command doesn't seem to work, I've tested it with multiple values (0, 1, 0b0000000000000000, 0b1111111111111111) to no effect.
    3) Port A on address 0b0000101 fails to read and write, tested with two chips in multiple places on the breadboard.
    4) Writing to pins on the expanders intermittently fails for long periods, then suddenly starts working again after messing about with code and not moving the physical breadboard.
    5) When reading/writing to the chips at sub-500ms intervals, after a short time the I2C bus packs up and gives a 'Uncaught InternalError: Timeout on I2C Write Transmit Mode 2' error. The bus occasionally recovers and begins re-scanning after a couple of minutes but usually stays down.

I'm almost certain there's something underpinning all of this weirdness, but it feels like I'm working in the dark in terms of debugging - things seem to be happening at random

Cheers

-JBL

About

Avatar for consolenaut @consolenaut started