You are reading a single comment by @MaBe and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I want to have a simple and good encryption and decryption as a balance of size and security.

On ESP8266 there will be no https with Espruino as far as I unterstand. So I was thinking about to secure the content thats being send and received. TEA seems to be simple to implement in C or in JS, both are available as source in this thread.

Tried to include AES on ESP8266, looks like no one tried this before :)

libs/crypto/jswrap_crypto.c: In function 'jswrap_crypto_AES_encrypt':
    libs/crypto/jswrap_crypto.c:433:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'jswrap_crypto_AEScrypt' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
       return jswrap_crypto_AEScrypt(message, key, options, true);
       ^
    libs/crypto/jswrap_crypto.c:433:3: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
    libs/crypto/jswrap_crypto.c: In function 'jswrap_crypto_AES_decrypt':
    libs/crypto/jswrap_crypto.c:452:3: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
       return jswrap_crypto_AEScrypt(message, key, options, false);
       ^
    libs/crypto/jswrap_crypto.c: At top level:
    cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-float-conversion" [enabled by default]
    cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-discarded-qualifiers" [enabled by default]
    cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
    make: *** [libs/crypto/jswrap_crypto.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

About