• @AntiCat I've got v90.12 also but I'm still having problems. There's something going on inside EspruinoHub with a function within noble called discoverAllServicesAndCharacteristics().­ It should return very quickly with arrays of services and characteristics, but most of the time it doesn't and the connect process times out after 4 seconds. At the puck end I see a connection followed by an immediate disconnect. It shouldn't disconnect and that's probably why discoverAllServicesAndCharacteristics() doesn't pass back any data. These are the messages:

<Connect> Timed out getting services. Disconnecting.
    <Connect> Disconnect error: TypeError: value is out of bounds

The second error is because the timeout is trying to disconnect but the device is already disconnected.

I wrote my own javascript that uses noble and runs at the command line to do similar and I get the same results. Oddly if I do an explicit connect followed only by an explicit disconnect, all of the above works but only one time. It's maddening. In my javascript I changed the logic to do separate discover services and discover characteristics and now that part is working better. I also tweaked the logic to allow writing up to 60 characters vs 20. I might try similar changes to the EspruinoHub logic and see if that helps at all.

About

Avatar for dklinkman @dklinkman started