• @François Will try and help.

1. Yes, Puck is still in the os x bluetooth menu when Chrome is closed.
    2. I mean that I disconnect (not remove) the Puck from the os x bluetooth menu, then
      a couple of seconds later it is back on the menu in bold (meaning
      that the Puck has connected again) this is whether chrome is open or
      closed.
    3. Yep, I tried the re-scan link and it didn't show up.
    4. I am at work and can't test on Canary, but will update this post when I am home.

From what I understand. If the Puck is connected to something, it stops advertising, and so doesn't show up to anything else that you scan with, whether it's a phone, different computer etc. I may well be wrong, but that's how it looks.

I think that the issue may have arisen when I tried to make my Puck into a Play/Pause button (HID). I uploaded the code, then disconnected from the Web IDE, then connected via the os x bluetooth menu, as I reasoned that the os would need to connect for it to be able to control the media player. After that point, even if I reset the code to default (battery out, hold button down etc.) then os x saw that it had connected to the device before and just grabbed it when it was being advertised, which is why I needed to make os x forget the device completely so I could pair again in Chrome. I think that if I was quick enough, I probably could have connected via Web Bluetooth before os x did, (after disconnecting the device).

So yes, I think the way that you reproduced it was the same reason my Puck wasn't showing up.

• From what I understand. If the Puck is connected to something, it stops advertising, and so doesn't show up to anything else that you scan with, whether it's a phone, different computer etc. I may well be wrong, but that's how it looks.

Yup!

I think that the issue may have arisen when I tried to make my Puck into a Play/Pause button (HID).

You're right. I was able to reproduce this issue when changing my Puck.js device to a HID button. This means that when https://codereview.chromium.org/25133230­02/ is applied to Chrome, you won't have to remove Puck.js device anymore.

I'm glad we got this sorted eventually. I'll update this thread when it happens.

About

Avatar for François @François started