• I have given my SIM900 module to Gordon so he can sync in the bug fixes I have made. There are a couple of other basic things required for reliable operation ie in netcallbacks/create - there are more unregisterLine required for error cases and you need to remove the CIPSTART exception throw. Also if the SIM800 CIPSTART fails, the driver wont catch that so I added a timeout which then closes the socket and things are cleaned up properly.

At the app level, you need to ensure that the connect/send/receive process is completely finished before calling again otherwise memory will be consumed - this also means catching errors so the process can unwind properly. Use the request.on('error', function(e) ...

If you are in a low coverage area and the SIM800 can falloff the network there are a whole lot more considerations that come into play - you could just choose the approach of if things go wrong, reset and start all over, but I chose to handle all the states the SIM800 can get into and handle them in a more managed fashion.

Hopefully Gordon will have the time to sync in the basics of my changes to benefit everyone.

About

Avatar for jonreid @jonreid started