You are reading a single comment by @ColinP and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello,

I've always thought the Nordic nRF chip looks to have lots of uses, and wondered about porting Espruino to it. I was very excited to discover that it looks as though lots has been done already.

It looks as though it should run on the Adafruit Flora sewable BTLE module (https://www.adafruit.com/products/2487) - which has the 256k flash nrf51822 chip - Wearing a Javascript interpreter just sounds super geeky :-)

I was curious to try building it and have a problem:

NRF51822DK=1 SOFTDEVICE=1 BLE_INTERFACE=1 RELEASE=1 make

...gives:

LD espruino_1v84.60_nrf51822.elf
    /home/colinp/espruino/Espruino/targetlib­s/nrf5x/nrf51_sdk/components/toolchain/g­cc/gcc_startup_nrf51.o: In function Reset_Handler': (.text+0x40): undefined reference toSystemInit'
    /usr/local/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q1/­bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../..­/../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv6-m/crt0.o:­ In function _start': (.text+0x4e): undefined reference tomain'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [espruino_1v84.60_nrf51822.elf] Error 1

Main for this board appears to be in targets/nrf5x/main.c, which is defined in the Makefile. main.o appears, which implies it is being compiled, but not linked.

I tried various hacks to get it to compile, and encountered different problems. When I got to the stage of patching the include path in the auto-generated gen/platform_config.h I figured I was probably doing something wrong.

I thought perhaps nrf51 build had fallen out of use as nrf52 was in there. If I try to build for nrf52 using the command in README_Building.md I get a different error:

NRF52832DK=1 RELEASE=1 make

targets/nrf5x/jshardware.c:482:23: error: 'nrf_adc_config_t' undeclared (first use in this function)

I'm using commit 6dbda86c of Friday 8th Jan 2016.

I'm using gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q1 (I can't remember where it came from) but I think this should be OK - the stm32 Espruino compiles fine.

I get the problem even when using commit 904ca0ac8c19828 which is marked "nRF51 now working". This makes me think I'm doing something dumb.

Am I missing some sort of Make flag or something?

Thanks,

Colin

About

Avatar for ColinP @ColinP started