• Hi all;
    I am not sure if this is the best thread for this question but here it goes. Do any of the Nucleo builds have the on board USB enabled. I threw together a quick and dirty wiring harness to grab A12 an A11 off the morpho connector (with the pull up to DP) but cannot get anything to print to the USB port. All my attempts at writing to the USB come back with "undefined" error messages.
    With respect to the discussion above; I have been using ST Link to load Espruino on the non-official boards successfully for a while. However, with the last ST-Link firmware upgrade doing loads from my XP box became unreliable; ST-link loads from Win7 continue to work well. The mass storage loads have never been reliable for me.
    Chris Z

• Hi @user6546,
    So, the port of Espruino to the Nucleo F401RE doesn't need the USB functionality mainly because it has an equivallent USB connection through the ST-Link v2 integrated one. This makes it an mbed compatible board.
    As a result, the USB port is under control of the ST-link and seen from Espruino's side as a serial port...

The various difficulties, mentionned above, are just about flashing Espruino on a Nucleo board. They do not impact the functionnalities under Espruino.

That said, it could be interesting to have the usb available on this board as it is OTG on the STM32F4.
    I think getting USB to work would need to break apart the ST-link board thus freeing the serial port used, design some accessory board providing the correct STM32F4 pins as well as a steady 5V power supply and the proper USB connector. Just to add, some HSI or LSI are provided by the ST-link part to the Nucleo, this is to consider too, specially for USB.
    On the Espruino interpreter side, you will have to reconfigure the serial link used with the ST-link part and let it behave as a USB port. The Pico is doing so but that's to be carefully studied as there is no bootloader in the Nucleo board port of Espruino.

Quite a lot of work actually, specially compared to the Pico beeing readily available.

About

Avatar for ChrisZ @ChrisZ started