You are reading a single comment by @bluebie and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hey there!

I'm having a bit of trouble getting started with Espruino on esp-12ex. I've run NodeMCU successfully on it in the past, but as I lack a suitable usb-serial adaptor currently, I've been accessing the chip via a little bluetooth adaptor, which seems to only be happy running at 9600 baud.

After a lot of confusion, it seems the ESP8266 port runs at 115200 by default, unlike the main espruino boards? I wonder if it's trivially easy for someone to pop out a 9600 baud build, or if perhaps that would be a more sensible default as it would be consistent with other boards and would enable interoperability with the audio jack serial stuff (which is super cool!)

Should have an FTDI cable in a couple of weeks if all goes to plan, but I'm super excited to get started on this ASAP, as I want to build a rapid prototype for a robotics project and confirm everything works well enough before ordering parts to make a whole lot of little IP networked stepper motors.

About

Avatar for bluebie @bluebie started