• @JumJum ... well ... that idea of yours makes perfect sense. Instead of "neopixelWrite" being a static function, maybe we create a class called "NeoPixel" with methods on it like "write" to write a stream of data and "init" to identify the data pin as well as set the T0H, T1H, T0L and T0H values. Then, in principle, any and all devices would work and all we would have to do is publish the working values.

However ... at this point, given that the current neopixelWrite() method seems to be working for the majority of us ... I'm tempted to flag that as "future" and attack some of the higher priority items in Espruino land.

As it is, I'm not sure we ever reached consensus on whether or not to include NeoPixel support in native Espruino (ESP8266 specific or otherwise).

I'm assuming that you yourself are able to drive NeoPixels?

• As it is, I'm not sure we ever reached consensus on whether or not to include NeoPixel support in native Espruino (ESP8266 specific or otherwise).

I think in comment #32 (http://forum.espruino.com/comments/12608­810/) Gordon already gave his blessing:
    "I think realistically adding a software library specifically for neopixels is probably the best way to go for now :("

About

Avatar for Kolban @Kolban started