• I'm having problems when trying to build Espruino for the STMF429 discovery board with:

STM32F429IDISCOVERY=1 RELEASE=1 make

Other builds, for example, for the Pico, work correctly.

The compilation fails because of #define STM32F429_F439xx not being found in STM32f4xx.h. I've tried forcing the #define STM32F429xx (for the STM32F429ZI) myself but it still won't build, as it still fails when compiling the adc and flash lib code (again probably due to incorrect #defines or a combination of #defines it doesn't like?).

I don't understand why these errors occur now and it apparently worked previously, unless recent builds have changed STM32 headers and something got broken in the process. I suspect various STM32 build headers have not been kept up to date or at least 'in sync' with each other.

I know it's not officially supported and there won't be any 'out of the box' USB or LCD features, but I'd at least like to play around with Espruino on the F429 over a terminal.

Maybe the LCD is too hard-wired on the discovery board, but it might be possible to get it to work (just maybe....) But first I'd need a working Espruino build!

Does anyone know how to fix the problem? Or which Espruino release I can use to get at least a successful build for the F429 (or even where there is a pre-built bin available for download)?

About

Avatar for veryalien @veryalien started