You are reading a single comment by @user47006 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello,
    I have some questions about updating the espruino bootloader.

But let me first explain what I done (sorry for the lengthy explanation)

I compiled successfully firmware 1v79 with the espruino bootloader combined then used the advance flashing in the IDE to update the original espruino board. All went ok, update successful.

Then I changed the pin definition for BTN1 to be on port A0 (i need this for my experiments) , re-compiled and all went ok again, new .bin was created.
    I re-flashed again using advanced flash option and all went ok. I connected again with the IDE and typed BTN1 and it displays "A0" so things seem to be ok as far as my change.
    Then I proceeded to test that the bootloader was using A0 port but it did not. it was still using the original port B12 attached to the pushbutton. I tried several times to re-flash but the results where the same. it seems that the my new espruino bootloader is not being replaced.

I finally used stm32 flasher and UART to flash the very same .bin file i used previously and this time the espruino bootloader was updated and I was able to activated using port A0.

Why my espruino bootloader is not updated using the IDE-advanced flasher but it worked using STM32 flasher? what am I missing?

-Thx

About

Avatar for user47006 @user47006 started