• I'll post some pictures when it's done :)
    The PCB is designed and ordered from OSHPark, it's my first PCB that I've made on my own so that's exciting (I realized after pressing the upload that bottom overlay was not mirrored, I thought Altium fixed it for me... I sent them a support notice but they did not see it before it was too late, haha - it will be a token of my learning process)!
    I need polyphony so I just gave up on being clever, and will wire each pedal from V+ to pin (they are pulled high).
    Also, I had all the parts I needed as through hole so the entire thing is through hole construction. It looks really old school :) I'll post some photos later today :)

Not sure I could use the MCP4xxx I'll browse around when it's time to choose. I need ca 50K log dual wafer (not necessarily dual with control over both, I actually prefer not having to control both).
    And indeed, the current design is to make each box have an input of 8 (kind of a standard in PA audio; 2,4,8,16,24,32) and they will use serial for linking. I imagine every box having a serial in (really duplex, but 'in' comes from either the host [computer/device] or the previous summer), and a serial out (that connects to the next serial in).
    This way, the system could self assign IDs to each input and be uniquely addressable from the host.
    I think I'll just use RJ11 for connecting between host and summers.

So, for 40 mics I'd use 4 summer boxes, and four long XLR running from scene to front of house, along an RJ11. Connect a simple FTDI thingy to my surface and assume 100% control of every line without the need for my good but old huge analog desk.

EDIT: If I'm successful I know a few people who would like this kind of thing (they do exist in some respects but are extremely expensive. I will of course open source everything, and I plan on using the Espruino as the brains. Updating then, could be as simple as plugging in the USB and run a small program based on the espruino-tools :) #nice!

About