• I have an Espruino coming tomorrow. In the reference section of this Web site I see "unofficial boards'. From what I can see-what they seem to have in common with the Espruino is they have the ARM MCU along with onboard ADC's & other goodies.

I bought this Espruino board for the main reason that I thought it would be a lot easier to use Jacascript for programming an MCU board than say, as an example, an Arduino or any of its derivatives, for designing gadjets or what have you.

My fall down or weakness has always programming-not hardware. IMO-opinion BTW-the Teensy units designed by Paul Stoffgren are the bomb for small MCU boards and in terms of horsepower-run circles around the Arduous-especially the Teensy3.1. But, again, my problem is learning to program & Javascript, as I have already said in another post, looks extremely promising for programming dunces such as myself.

I think I have finally figured it out. Is it so that what i am in part buying here is the Javascript interpreter which is actually Firmware that is loaded on the Espruino board. It looks like it can also be loaded on the unofficial boards listed under the Reference section. Is that how it works? I absolutely don't mind buying this board, the Firmware(JavaScript interpreter), and the the very nice Chrome Browser IDE. I know Gordon is very famiilar with ARM ST boards. It would very cool to see a Teensy3.1 become an additional "unofficial board!

About