You are reading a single comment by @Manxome and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks very much for the replies all!
    I am getting a better feel for these forums now and I better appreciate that I am working on an "Unofficially supported board" and that support for these Nucleo boards will of necessity be a lower priority and any help that some (especially Gordon) provides, 'pulls' help from
    Espruino/Pico support/issues. I have ordered a bunch of Pico boards and am rather impatient so wanted to get playing with Espruino JS ahead of their arrival.
    OK, onward!

Are you using an NucleoF401RE or an NucleoF411RE?

I have both, but have only been playing on the F401 so far

Have you updated your firmware from st.com?

Yes, basically followed the instructions on the F401 page.

I decided to start from scratch. I downloaded fresh copy of F401 firmware from ST and did the ST-Link Upgrade to V2.J23.M6 (again) just in case.
    I downloaded Espruino 1v71 (again) and copied espruino_1v71_nucleof401re.bin to the Nucleo.
    I pulled the USB cable and then re-inserted it, and attached to it with the Chrome Web App.
    Here is my session:

> // I will do a reset() here, sometimes things get overwritten with strange characters...
    =undefined
    ª¹¥¹5
     _____                 _
    |   __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |   __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |_____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
              |_| http://espruino.com
     1v71 Copyright 2014 G.Williams
    > // yes, the reset() was overwritten. Now I will do the setWatch() and save() it.
    =undefined
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Got ?[128] expected EOF
     at line 1 col 1
     // yes, the reset() was overwritten. Now I will do the set...
     ^
    >setWatch(function (e) {  console.log(getTime()); console.log(e.time - e.lastTime); },
    :  "C13", { repeat:true, edge:'falling', debounce : 10 });
    =1
    >save();
    =undefined
    Erasing Flash....
    Programming 86016 Bytes...................................­........................................­............
    Checking...)Done!
    > // now i will do a 10-second test using the button...
    =undefined
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Got ?[128] expected EOF
     at line 1 col 1
     // now i will do a 10-second test using the button...
     ^
    NaN
    > // now I will do a 60-second test...
    =undefined
    5.64045157142 // edit: ignore this number. I screwed up a 60-second test prior, phonecall.
    >

Those comments I typed in as I went. You will notice I get 'funny stuff' going on, perhaps this is a clue that I haven't a clue and/or I have bad hardware/firmware/something.

But once again, you can see that both tests took about 5.25 longer than "computer" time would indicate.

I don't know (yet) how to ask the Nucleo what clock speed it is running at.

About

Avatar for Manxome @Manxome started