• Good idea - I'll give waveform a go.

I'm finding that as soon as I put more than a couple of lines of logic around the digitalPulses then it starts to throw the timings out, but perhaps I could construct the message payload in advance into an array of functions, and then simply iterate the array and call each function in sequence - that might be worth a try?

I started looking into the espruino code last night, wondering how hard or otherwise it would be to create a new function based on the digital pulse and / or serial code to encode and transmit a byte array in manchester at a specific baud rate.

I'm thinking I'd need something like a jswrap_io_manchesterWrite(Pin, byte, baudRate) function in src/jswrap_io.c, then presumably some code in targets/.../jshardware.cpp - Would I need to implement this for mbed, arduino and linux targets as well as stm32?

I've also not yet worked out how the javascript is translated into the c++ function calls. Am I anywhere near the right track here or should I leave that kind of stuff to the professionals :-) ?

About