Faldrian

Member since Aug 2015 • Last active Aug 2015
  • 0 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

I solved the mystery! :)
    Thanks for the replies so far!

I was running the Espruino + CC3000 on the USB-Power-Supply from my computer ... and 500mA do not seem to be enough. It seems the CC3000 draws too much power when operating and since the current is limited it shuts itself down when the voltage drops due to current limiting. Espruino is unimpressed and keeps working. :D

Now I have the CC3000 on some NiHM-Cells and I get callbacks! Yay, I'm SO relieved...

• in General

Hi!

I just recently ordered a CC3000 from Adafruit (v1.1) and I have the same results...

I connected the CC3000 to the espruino Pico (checked all pin-connections with a multimeter, because I have it set up on a breadboard very close to each other, ~3-9 cm wires) and started the WebIDE.
    The IDE suggested a firmware update, so I updated and choose the CC3000 option from the select box. Update successfull.

When I run the CC3000 example code (or just this simplified version), it won't get any callbacks.

var wlan = require("CC3000").connect();
    wlan.connect("SSID", "*************", function(s) {
      console.log("callback time!");
    });

The connect just returns "true" and that's it.

I also noticed that the activated WLAN-chip does get quite warm very fast... and when I call "wlan.deactivate()" the green LED gets much brigher and the metal casing cools slowly.

I tried wlan b-standard and g-standard and mixed mode... WPA2, AES+TKIP on 2.4Ghz Channel 3.

When I console.log(wlan) after trying to connect, there is only one property in the object, the "#onstate"-callback defined above. I think that is right?

wlan.getIP() will complain "ERROR: Not connected to the internet".

Is there anything I could do or try to make this work? The module is new and I can't believe it is just broken or something...

Actions