What I do:
80% Hardware
15% Firmware
5%Software

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jprey
Twitter: https://twitter.com/yerpj

Most recent activity

• in General

I experienced the same on Windows 10+Chrome. A page refresh does usually the trick

• in ESP32

No doc told me to run sudo. I was unable to execute some script for whatever reason and with sudo it didn't complain. I am very bad at Linux and permission mechanisms, but I learned that giving rights in a proper way was better than using sudo everytime ;-)

• in ESP32

use https://maximeborges.github.io/esp-stack­trace-decoder/
    upload .elf file and enter the Stack trace CPU wise to get detail about the function

0x40394ffe: newlib_include_assert_impl at /home/yerpj/JP/Espruino/esp-idf-4/esp-id­f/components/newlib/assert.c:97
        0x4038e266: xQueueGenericSend at /home/yerpj/JP/Espruino/esp-idf-4/esp-id­f/components/freertos/queue.c:1043
        0x4038e266: xQueueGenericSend at /home/yerpj/JP/Espruino/esp-idf-4/esp-id­f/components/freertos/queue.c:1043
        0x40393e88: multi_heap_internal_unlock at /home/yerpj/JP/Espruino/esp-idf-4/esp-id­f/components/heap/multi_heap.c:148
        0x40393e4c: multi_heap_free_impl at /home/yerpj/JP/Espruino/esp-idf-4/esp-id­f/components/heap/multi_heap.c:214
        0x40380ef4: heap_caps_free at /home/yerpj/JP/Espruino/esp-idf-4/esp-id­f/components/heap/heap_caps.c:383
        0x40395024: free at /home/yerpj/JP/Espruino/esp-idf-4/esp-id­f/components/newlib/heap.c:40

I have currently no experience to investigate this ESP behaviour, but at the same time it seems legit to point at the heap being full.
    I hope that people used to work with ESP32 will have good time tinkering with this ESP32-C3 and eventually provide improvements.

• in ESP32

Seems interesting, however I don't really understand how I could retrieve the stack trace

• in ESP32

OK now with a ESP32-C3F it works as expected

____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v22.2 (c) 2024 G.Williams
    Espruino is Open Source. Our work is supported
    only by sales of official boards and donations:
    http://espruino.com/Donate
    >process.env
    ={
      VERSION: "2v22.2",
      GIT_COMMIT: "fdbf0bfd2",
      BOARD: "ESP32C3_IDF4",
      RAM: 409600, FLASH: 0, STORAGE: 262144,
      SERIAL: "70041d32-dacc",
      CONSOLE: "Serial1",
      MODULES: "Flash,Storage,hea" ... "i,crypto,neopixel",
      EXPTR: 1008207732 }
    >ESP32.getState()
    ={
      sdkVersion: "v4.4.7",
      freeHeap: 34608, BLE: true, Wifi: true, minHeap: 33312 }

Some debug information is still printed out on the terminal, seems to be linked to watchdog timer. I am not sure what to do with it, however it seems not to prevent ESP32 to work, at least as a basic webserver.

;31mE (195821) task_wdt: Task watchdog got triggered. The following tasks did not reset the watchdog in time:m
    ;31mE (195821) task_wdt:  - IDLE (CPU 0)m
    ;31mE (195821) task_wdt: Tasks currently running:m
    ;31mE (195821) task_wdt: CPU 0: espruinoTaskm

• in ESP32

Not sure it was a bad batch, anyway I ordered new ESP32-C3 ICs and will try to solder them on my PCBs. It will be a good exercise. In the meantime I will also try with external SPI memory, just for the fun .

What I have learned, like many, is that Ali Express will only provide you with what you pay for. Conclusion : never select the cheapest product ;-)

• in ESP32

Warning! Before buying an ESP32-C3 board, ensure the chip has internal flash memory OR the board is equiped with flash memory. The cheap ones on Aliexpress are assembled with an ESP32-C3 without any flash. More info on that here

• in ESP32

I tried same procedure on another laptop, also using WSL, and it works. Thank you for your help!

• in ESP32

I tried without sudo, same results.
    I will stop there in order not to pollute this thread right now with my issues, it could be that I am trying with WSL. I will try with native linux and see what happens.
    Anyway, thank you @MaBe for your help.

• in ESP32

Thank you for your suggestion. It seems however that it does not solve the problem:

yerpj@PC3376:~/Espruino$ source esp-idf-4/esp-idf/export.sh
    Setting IDF_PATH to '/home/yerpj/Espruino/esp-idf-4/esp-idf'­
    Detecting the Python interpreter
    Checking "python" ...
    Checking "python3" ...
    Python 3.5.2
    "python3" has been detected
    Adding ESP-IDF tools to PATH...
    yerpj@IICT-PC3376:~/Espruino$ sudo BOARD=ESP32C3_IDF4 RELEASE=1 make flash
    cp /home/yerpj/Espruino/targets/esp32/IDF4/­sdkconfig_c3 bin/sdkconfig
    cp /home/yerpj/Espruino/targets/esp32/IDF4/­CMakeLists.txt bin
    cp /home/yerpj/Espruino/targets/esp32/IDF4/­partitions.csv bin
    cd bin && idf.py build
    /bin/sh: idf.py: command not found
    make/targets/ESP32_IDF4.make:46: recipe for target 'bin/espruino_2v21.184_esp32c3.bin' failed
    make: *** [bin/espruino_2v21.184_esp32c3.bin] Error 127

Actions