• 10 conversations
  • 34 comments

Most recent activity

• 6 comments
    • 7 comments
  • in General

All good in the hood, thanks guys!

• in General

I have to date firmware and A4 is connected to a diode. I'm using this board: http://www.espruino.com/EspruinoBoard

• in General
    >digitalWrite(A4,1);
    =undefined
    >digitalRead(A4);
    =0
    >pinMode(A4, "input_pulldown");
    =undefined
    >digitalWrite(A4,1);
    =undefined
    >digitalRead(A4);
    =0
    >pinMode(A4, "input_pullup");
    =undefined
    >digitalWrite(A4,1);
    =undefined
    >digitalRead(A4);
    =0
    >

• in Electronics

See pinMode() in reference.

• in Electronics

Do I need a pull down resistor or something for the digitalRead(pin)? I'm getting unexpected results with this... I'm trying to read from pin B0 and B1, when I set A2 HIGH, sometimes the reading on B0 is actually effected, even when the two aren't connected... at first I thought it was the breadboard, but I tried on another and it's still not behaving as expected...

Btw, digitalWrite is working as expected

• in Electronics

I think I'm going to be able to get around the DAC issue (thanks for the heads up).

Conceptually I don't understand how any battery can be charged without using some beafy diode to prevent current flowing out of the positive terminal (otherwise all what would happen would be similar to adding batteries in series) but still having a complete circuit so electricity will flow at all... I don't want to use a dedicated IC, I would like to build something myself and everything I'm finding on the internet is pointing me to these IC's...

• in Electronics

I'm going to test a few of these ultra high capacity batteries with espruino, I figured it would be a straightforward process of just monitoring the voltage with the ADC and for charging I would adjust the output on the DAC, but specifically for the external battery charging circuit, I've attached a picture of something I found while looking at solar panels and was curious if anybody has any additional pointers... Conceptually (as a layman), there doesn't seem like much else that would be needed... Obviously I would first try adjusting the DAC with the recommended values provided by http://www.digikey.com/en/articles/techz­one/2012/sep/a-designers-guide-to-lithiu­m-battery-charging

Actions