louisrawlins

Member since Mar 2014 • Last active Mar 2014
  • 1 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• 13 comments
  • in Projects

Okay, cool. Yeah, I was also playing around with the straight terminal on my Mac over the weekend, trying to see if I could figure out how to read / write from the SD card.

I'm mainly looking to poke around in the WebIDE to use the blackly components, so it would be interesting to hear why people are using the WebIDE.

Per my comment on the forum, I should have more time to dedicate to this soon. Apologies if I set expectations high that I could get into it this week (as I had personally expected).

• in General

Hi Gordon. Yes, thanks for checking in.

It's been… a challenging week. I live in Oakland, CA and as statistics would have it, my car was stolen. Otherwise, it's been a nice and sunny week.

I'm going to try to get back into it by next week, but it's more likely going to take me until next week again to start filtering through. Big apologies for dropping in, then out.

• in General

Okay, great!

Here is the i menu right now:

https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoWebI­DE/wiki/Information-Architecture

Please edit away, add comments, and we can start consolidating information for a layout that is easy to navigate.

Thanks!

• in General

Groovy. Thanks for the tip on the focus indicator.

We may stick with the orange for a while so nobody grows too attached to changes while we muck about, but I agree. I've been wondering what a more pleasing palette might be.

I'd like to start inside-out with the current WebIDE "i" button to clarify what's getting communicated there, then move to the step-by-step tutorial -- which is super-cool -- then to general tutorials.

Question for you, Gordon: Can you turn on the Wiki feature for WebIDE? I'm not able to get it to show up here:

https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoWebI­DE/wiki

I'd like to paste an initial information architecture that we can collaborate on hacking down to something tidy.

More soon. Thanks! Louis

• in General

Agreed! I can take a look, but that one may take a while… :)

• in General

Wonderful. Thanks for the thoughts and frustrations DrAzzy.

I'm going to go through bit of the WebIDE this week and start a thread on that when I have put ideas down on paper for feedback.

Everyone, please feel free to keep adding thoughts on what's working or not.

Glad to help, Gordon. :)

• in General

Hi Community.

Today, I got to use my newly practiced soldering skills, and hooked up the Espruino board to the CC3000 to make myself a fine little server. Thank you for the great tutorials to help guide me along!

I was pleased to find that everything worked. After just a little bit of tweaking, I created a server and was able to control the Espruino board with my iPhone. That was rewarding.

As I've been picking through the WebIDE and tutorials, I've been noticing things that could use some cleanup or otherwise benefit from assistance. Before I started deciding what I thought needs to be updated though, I thought I would pose the question to the community to see if there are any issues I can help with that are being seen time and again.

What types of things are priority for people that they want to do, or wish was a bit clearer?

My background is in design, so I'm thinking mainly along the lines of what I can contribute in terms of editorial / copyediting and front-end engineering (I've had my eye on the WebIDE / Blockly portion -- but I want to use it for a while before I add or alter anything).

Thanks for any thoughts. Just let me know how I can help.

Best! Louis

Actions