• 1 conversations
  • 31 comments

Most recent activity

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

wow! that was indeed a long reply! :-)

I wondered why we use the LSE with a specific value of 32.768 kHz

Found this answer:

The frequency of a real time clock varies with the application. The frequency 32768 Hz (32.768 kHz) is commonly used, because it is a power of 2 (215) value. And, you can get a precise 1 second period (1 Hz frequency) by using a 15 stage binary counter.

Practically, in majority of the applications, particularly digital, the current consumption has to be as low as possible to preserve battery life. So, this frequency is selected as a best compromise between low frequency and convenient manufacture with market availability and real estate in term of physical dimensions while designing board, where low frequency generally means the quartz is physically bigger.

• in News

Seems to work:

____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v05.47 (c) 2019 G.Williams
    >
    >function getClockSource() {
    :  return ["NONE","LSE","LSI","HSE"][((peek32(0x40­021020)&768)>>8)];
    :}
    =function () { ... }
    >getClockSource();
    ="LSE"
    > 

• in News

No, that's already done - so the next release will have a separate build in it. In fact the 'cutting edge' builds from http://www.espruino.com/binaries/travis/­master/ now no longer have networking but do have vector fonts, so they'd work for you.

Is that this one: espruino_2v05.47_espruino_1r3.bin

• in News

very good! thanks!

• in News

I guess I could do a third build option with no networking, but the other features?

Do you want me to start a new thread for this too or are you already working on it?

So, I soldered the crystal:

Your code now returns "LSE", so it's looking good. Now I'll wait if the time will be more accurate...

function getClockSource() {

return ["NONE","LSE","LSI","HSE"][((peek32(0x40­021020)&768)>>8)];
    }
    getClockSource();

Yes, I have a version 1.3b. One of the first boards I guess?

Your code reports "LSI" so I guess that means the Low-speed internal (LSI) RC oscillator is active?

I will solder the crystal now and see what happens.

Thanks!

• in News

If you've got other questions, please can you start a new post? Just go to the forum for your type of > board (http://forum.espruino.com/microcosms/108­3/ for the original Espruino) then click "Post a > Conversation" in the top right.

Got it! Thanks! :-)

Yes, I have found that article. I would like to know if it is possible to check if the crystal is working fine. I have two crystals lying around which I have 'harvested' from old electronic devices, but don't know for sure if they work...

Actions