Michu

Member since Jan 2014 • Last active Feb 2014
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

yes, I have to implement the usb protocol, after that it should be a piece of cake. however I'm off for two weeks, I'll see what I can do after it...

• in General

Thanks Gordon

I wrote a quick blog post how to drive ws2801 led modules: http://neophob.com/2014/01/espruino-and-­ws2801/

The code is just a quick prototype, but I hope to find more time to create a firmware for PixelController LED Matrix software. If someone would like to contribute, be my guest!

Cheers
    Michu

• in General

I was wondering what's the best way to send a data stream to the espruino, any hints about this? I first think using the USB serial functions together with a ring buffer might work. however this script:

USB.setup({baudrate:115200});
    USB.onData(function(serial) {
      console.log("recieved "+serial.data);
    }); 
    console.log("MEEP");

is a bit unhealthy and mess up the webide. at least I don't see any motd banner anymore and uploading a new "sketch" take ages...

• in General

Thanks for your reply. Yes I saw the firmware URL once, then I went into the bootloader mode, then the URL disappeared...

• in General

Hey guys

I just recieved my board and start hacking. Here is a quick feedback:

• its hard to find the firmware url to update the firmware. if you boot into bootloader mode, the firmware url field is left empty
    • if I connect the WebIDE there are two chrome processes (google chrome and google chrome helper) which both consume more than 100% cpu. OS: OSX v10.9.1, Chrome: Version 32.0.1700.77 and Version 32.0.1700.102

the documentation about the firmware update process is a bit unclear ("the status in the top left will change and you can disconnect..."). which status? a led? or in the ide?

Actions