b3-4r

Member since Nov 2022 • Last active Apr 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 10 comments

Most recent activity

• 11 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Affirmative, that's what it turned out to be- stuck.

• in Bangle.js

That helped! Thanks a lot. I've seen mentions of this happening due to the sensor being powered up long-term, in my case probably due to baro alarm widget so I'll try disabling that.

• in Bangle.js

I've done both described procedures,

>[Bangle.barometerRd(0xD0),Bangle.baromeĀ­terRd(0x0D)]
    =[ 0, 16 ]
    > 

and

Bangle.getPressure().then(d=>{
      console.log(d);
      // {temperature, pressure, altitude}
    });
    =Promise: {  }
    undefined

I don't speak js in the slightest, no idea what to make of this so thanks for your help!

• in Bangle.js

Aw shucks, it does appear to be stuck at a value (tiny vario doesn't register a lift ride), baro app reads zero in digital and ~1000 analogue and multiple reboots don't change this.

I'll attempt shutdown, charging and stuff like that but for the moment it appears something is wrong with the baro itself :c

Thanks for the pointers!

• in Bangle.js

Hey, I've searched before posting but apologies in case I've missed anything. Yesterday I've noticed that the baro in my Bangle.js 2 is offset by about 30hPa from a Garmin GPS baro, a Casio watch baro and the local forecast and this is for the absolute measurement, not one corrected for altitude. Is there a way to calibrate this?

Thanks in advance!

• in Bangle.js

Hey, a small feature idea: could the clock adjust widget keep track of whenever system time is corrected by GPS (auto) time and by how much to find out the current drift value more precisely than manually?

• in Bangle.js

Turns out there are waterproof baro sensors, e.g. (first hits) BM1390GLV or LPS33HW ..

The sensor could be installed in a separate open cavity with a flat flex passing into the main sealed cavity either through a potted section or between soft gaskets.

• in Bangle.js

If the design ticks most of my boxes I'm more than happy to pay in advance without expecting immediate results.

As far as the speaker goes, a piezo disc conducting sound into the case back has been tried and tested method of getting waterproof watches to make sound for years and imho the use cases for actual sound playback are quite limited in a watch, the sound feature will likely be used for simple notifications most of the time. Two use cases come to mind, TTS for blind/ partially sighted users, and navigation directions. This could perhaps be accomplished using BT earbuds.

Re Qi charging, I'm sure this is dealt with in phones and other smartwatches or perhaps it's no issue at all but it might be worth checking that the charging EMF or the magnetic core disc don't damage or interfere with the magnetometer.

• in Bangle.js

I can imagine there maybe being some IO pins on the inside, so you could unscrew the case, maybe insert a spacer (or swap to a smaller battery), and then a second PCB with whatever extras you wanted in it.

Oooooh! That does sound good, perhaps this could be made compatible with Sensor Watch daughterboards, I'm sure there is some overlap in user bases, and you could take advantage of the open HW framework already in place.

https://lock.cmpxchg8b.com/watch.htm

Coincidentally I wear that exact Protrek and it feels like it's for the same reasons! I love the DCF77-disciplined timekeeping and the ability to sense one's surroundings to an extent. I just wish this kind of functionality and form came in a tweakable, open source package.

Actions