user150524

Member since Oct 2022 • Last active Oct 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Yeah, none of those apps on iPhone (iOS 15.7) worked. Would disconnect as soon as it tried.

Android (version 13) with the nrfToolbox seemed to work, however.

Any idea why the iPhone would screw up the firmware update so badly?

Also, in case I do something badly again (or someone else stumbles on to this thread with an even MORE bricked phone), is there a way to use the SWD connection (mistakenly assumed it was USB before) on the back to shove firmware on?

• in Bangle.js

I can't even turn it off at this point.

• in Bangle.js

Finally got out my Bangle.js 2 to play with today. Thought I'd gotten it upgrade to the latest firmware (2v15, via the app method), but it started randomly freezing the screen and requiring reboots. I couldn't even access further down menu items.

First tried doing a device reset. Then settings reset. Kept freezing. Ok, fine, let's try reflashing the firmware with the Device Firmware Upgrade method using an iPhone (see screenshot of phone from flash attempt).

Now it just flat out refuses to do anything but reboot back into DFU mode, with the same message (see attached image):

SW RESET
    DFU ZV13

CHECK STORAGE
    NO NEW FW
    BANK0 INVALID
    BTN1 = REBOOT

If I try to let it boot normally, it's the exact same message, just with a WATCHDOG header.

Is there any way (perhaps USB?) to wipe the device and try again or is it truly bricked?

Actions