ANonnyMoose

Member since Jun 2022 • Last active Aug 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thank you @Hank that totally does the job!

• in Bangle.js

I was wondering if there was a widget out there that shows whether Gadgetbridge is connected or not (ie, the watch equivalent of the notification icon on the phone). There doesn't seem to be one on the App Loader, but perhaps someone has already made one of these? Fingers crossed! 🤞

• in Bangle.js

Thanks very much @rigrig, just wanted to let you know that your version of Messages is exactly how I wanted it to work!

• in Bangle.js

Hi Serj, thank you for your thoughtful reply! I had a go with this combo and absolutely could not work out why going into the menu system always had maximum brightness despite the settings under Settings > System > LCD, or in Light Switch Widget. I eventually realised (after a few factory resets and trying to work out what I did wrong) that it was caused by Quiet Mode Schedule and Widget. That app seems to stop working when you select a quiet mode option, and maybe that's why the brightness behaves unexpectedly? I didn't look any further into it as I ended up bashing out my own clock ('Shhh Clock') to suit my very specific use case.

Here's the gist if anyone would like a clock that:

• Toggles Quiet Mode to Alarm and brightness to 0.1 by tapping the bottom half of the screen
    • Has massive numbers for tired eyes
    • Has the time on the right so it's less likely to be covered by your sleeve if you wear your watch on your left
    • Is based off the clock tutorial and is someone's bare-minimum very first attempt at bangling! (Corrections welcome, I am here to learn)
  • in Bangle.js

Hi everyone, sorry to dredge up an old conversation! Brand new user here, received my Bangle.js 2 yesterday and am very excited as someone whose Pebble is currently held together with glue.

Just wanted to add my perspective as someone who switched in and out of Quiet Time on Pebble VERY frequently and was hoping to do the same on the Bangle.js 2. I have a baby who breastfeeds on demand and also co-sleeps with me. Quiet Time on Pebble was fantastic for this because it:

• turns off vibrations
    • doesn't light up the screen when a notification is received, although it does light up the screen when I interact with the watch.
    • is easily turned on/off by long-pressing one of the physical buttons (no need to enter the menu system)

From what I can tell, Quiet Mode on Bangle.js 2 will turn off vibrations, but the screen will still light up when a notification is received even if Quiet mode disables auto-open = YES under the Messages app settings. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

I get the sense from reading through this conversation that mine is probably an unusual use case (most people seem satisfied with scheduling Quiet Mode) so I was hoping to solve my own problem. I am not a coding wizard, but comments #18 and #19 give me hope that it might be possible for me to create this 'enter quiet mode' app and use it with Pattern Launcher. (One day, when my baby gives me time to code again!)

I am unsure if I would be able to stop the screen lighting up when notifications are received though, as I think that is part of the Messages app?

Thanks for reading, very excited to get into the Bangle.js 2!
    Cheers
    ANonnyMoose

Actions