TheLogan

Member since May 2022 • Last active Aug 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 31 comments

Most recent activity

• 11 comments
  • in Projects

Well.. one piece of news is that I am really great at starting projects, many projects, even when the previous projects are not done yet, but I guess that's more of an olds than a news xD

The hat is sort of half complete, it has a mouth that can move, and a nose LED that can blink, but audio seems a really daunting task, so I ended up procrastinating with other projects xD

• in General

I'll look it over and test it tomorrow :)

• in General

I can totally see your point, I may have misunderstood what is happening.
    I tried using the convention here:

analogWrite(pin, (1+pos) / 50.0, {freq:20, soft: false });

Where what I actually saw was: {soft: false} made the motor move to the position and hold that position, while soft: true, or no value would make the servo move to the position and then it would just go slack. I figured that soft in this case meant whether or not it should go slack.

How would you suggest the change be implemented? :)

• in The Place for Patreon Patrons

That's what we're paying you to do 😉
    Firmware and support that is (and hardware once the world starts making sense again 😆)

• in The Place for Patreon Patrons

I'm a supporter on patreon, and was that before joining the forum, my understanding was simply that I'd be supporting great hardware development, there are other patreons I follow to get actual stuff, but for Espruino I simply do it to support, can't speak for others though :)

• in General

Totally understandable, then it's probably not the best option :)

• in General

Alternatively, if the forum really does need to be replaced, I think more people may be up for an open-source solution like
    Discourse
    https://github.com/discourse/discourse

I think it has all the features that are wanted, like likes etc

• in General

I wouldn't mind an update to the forum, but to me it would seem a better use of time to upgrade the documentation pages (the layout looks rather dated which sadly reflects back on espruino as a whole), and maybe get a vscode extension going, (something I've personally been tinkering with for a week or two, though I've come to realize that I need to learn more about babel, and perhaps gulp and webpack and how they work together)

Actions