youphyun

Member since May 2022 • Last active Sep 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 20 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I am having similar issues, notifications were working for 1 day but the next day stop working, including the "Find lost device" functionality. Gadgetbridge and Bangle.js 2 show as connected, the battery stats also seems to work but no notifications get through. 'Settings -> Utils -> Rewrite Settings` does not help either. I am on firmware v15 with Gadgetbridge from F-Droid on LineageOS without Google services. What can I do to solve / further debug?

• in Bangle.js

This is really great, are there any know constraints? For example should I make sure that the firmware version of the backup is the same as the actual firmware on the watch?

• in Bangle.js

Good to note: Bangle.getHealthStatus("day").steps is reset to zero if you reboot your watch with a long BTN Press. I do like the 'Lato Pedometer' most because of its font. So I understand it is the only difference between the Simple Pedometer and the Lato Pedometer widget. But how do they differ from Pedometer widget (v0.22)? I guess the Pedometer widget is bigger in file size and has more options that can be configured?

• in Bangle.js

twistThreshold ... Can be negative for oppsite direction. default = 800

The http://www.espruino.com/Reference#l_BangĀ­le_setOptions list a different range and default value for the twist threshold as what I can find in my Bangle.js 2:

twist threshold: 0-0.5 in steps of a 10th of a decimal,
    for me 0.2 seems to be a good default setting
    twist max y: -1500 till +1500 default: -800
    twist timeout: 0-2000, for me 500 seems to be a good default setting

• in Bangle.js

I also found this forum post. Thanks for the suggestions. I also confirm that these settings give good results. The original settings were too sensitive for me resulting the screen to be on with almost every move of the arm. I am using firmware v15

twist threshold: 0.2 (was 0.1)
    twist max y: -800 (unchanged)
    twist timeout: 500 (was 1000)

• in Bangle.js

I also confirm the small sticker/tape on the two middle contacts is slowly coming off. Most probably due to cleaning and wearing. Those contacts remain a weak part of the Bangle.js 2 including the weak magnets of the charging cable that just helps a little to keep it in place. I decided to use the silicon cover and apply a bigger piece of electrical tape to cover all 4 contacts that I can easily replace if needed at every charge.

• in Bangle.js

Based on my experience so far it looks like the LCD Timeout setting is the same as the screen lock timeout? Is there a way to set the LCD Timeout to a low value (for example 5 seconds) while setting the screen lock to for example 60 seconds on the Bangle.js 2 ? The use case is to save battery or to disable the LCD Backlight completely while still being able to navigate through the items on the screen without the screen being locked.

• in Bangle.js

I also found that timeout = 0 is equivalent to always on. Since the Bangle2 is transflective can a screen timeout of 2 or any lower value then 5 be added to the LCD settings? Under light conditions the screen does not need to be on at all to view the screen and in the dark a few seconds are enough to see the time.

• in Bangle.js

Yes I also vote for this suggestion. Can you also add details how to delete individual messages? Also for some message types like music tracks I am not able to delete the message. I can only open it and go back.

Actions