NoMusicTuesdays

Member since Apr 2022 • Last active Sep 2022
  • 6 conversations
  • 39 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Ok I got the DFU method to work, apparently I didn't have the watch in the right mode the first time.

• in Bangle.js

Whatver the js3 turns out to be, you can count on my pledge!

The Js2 does everything I could want... except light up with vibrant color like the js1...
    And for those citing power draing, my js2 kept it's charge over a week at a time for the first month, after that it needed to be charged every day and a half, which doesn't make up for the supposed power drain of the LED js1 screen, so I'd rather have that brilliant color light display.

I'd like a big round watch like js1 (feels more classic than the square pebbly things) although I'd like the screen to fill up the watch face fully. That could mean a bigger screen within the large watchface, or a smaller watch to match the screen, either way is fine.

I don't care much about waterproofing or touchscreen. I'd be more than willing to scrap the touchscreen in favor of more buttons.

The main thing I'd like to see is improved processing/RAM/draw speed.

The limitations of both the js1 in terms of bandwidth, and the js2 in terms of resolution and color depth, are a fun part of the project, forcing creativity on our part. I can say that I will for sure sign up for js3 on day 1!

• in Bangle.js

After some testing with the clock hands, I find that
    var image = require("Storage").read("image.img");
    does draw a little quicker than using the atob method

• in Bangle.js

Oh, good to know about that last manual conversion/upload thing. And I actually haven't had a chance to test any of this on the physical js1 yet since I can't seem to find the charging cable.

I did move all the hands to base64, but yeah the larger face images in base64 crashed the emulation.

So for the larger images, if I declare them as global variables outside of the function, would I be better off declaring that variable as
    var image = require("Storage").read("image.img");
    or var image = atob("FrrCAP//Gq657wAA...AAAAA==")
    or does it matter at that point since either way it's in RAM?

Or is it in RAM? We had previously discussed elsewhere that

"if you store the background image as a file (uncompressed), drawImage
    can draw that file directly without ever loading it into RAM"

Does that hold true for the global variables?

• in Bangle.js

Just for kicks I tried using the base64 in my code, and that works fine. Is there a performance difference between doing that and calling up an image stored on the device?

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, it should read 133. I typed 1333 by accident when manually replacing my variable value to simplify things for this thread.

I'll attach a picture of the results of g.drawImage(require("Storage").read("Min­Hand.png"),0,0); it is off to the left of the screen now, still looks weird.

And here is the base64:

atob("FrrCAP//Gq657wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFVQAAAAVVVQAAAVVVVAAAFVVV­QAAFVVVVAABVVVVQAAVVVVUAAFVVVVAABVVVVQAA­VVVVUAABVVVUAAAVVVVAAABVVVAAAABVUAAAAAFU­AAAAABVAAAAAAVQAAAAAFUAAAABVVVAAAAVVVQAA­AVVVVAAAFpBpQAABqQakAAAakGpAAAGpBqQAABqQ­akAAAakGpAAAGpBqQAABqQakAAAaUFpAAAGlBaQA­ABpAGkAABaQBpQAAWkAaUAAGpAGpAABqQBqQAAak­AakAAGpAGpAABqQBqQAAakAakAAGpAGpAABpQBaQ­AAaUAWkAAGlAFpAAFpQBaUABaQAGlAAakABqQAGp­AAakABqQAGpAAakABqQAGpAAakABqQAGpAAakABq­QAGlAAWkABpQAFpABaUABaUAWlAAWlAFpQAFpQBq­QAAakAakAAGpAGpAABqQBqQAAakAakAAGpAGpAAB­qQBqQAAakAaUAAFpAGlAABaQFpQAAWlBaUAAFpQW­lAABaUGpQAAWpBqQAABqQakAAAakGpAAAGpBqQAA­BqQakAAAakGpAAAGpBpQAABaQaUAAAWkWlVVVVpV­VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVaqqqqVRWqqqqlQVaqqqlUBWqq­qpUAFaqqpUABWqqqVAAFaqqVAABVqqVQAAFaqlQA­AAVqlQAAAFapUAAAAVpUAAAAFaVAAAAAVVAAAAAB­VAAAAAAVQAAAAABQAAAAAAUAAA")

• in Bangle.js

I've been very thorough and I can't figure out what's going on here.
    The picture on the left shows my image (the minute hand of the clock) as it should look, the one on the right shows how it's coming out in the emulator. My second and hour hands are working fine, but for whatever reason, the minute hand image just looks crazy! All three images were created from the same photoshop file, using two colors plus transparency, and I've tried saving with every possible option and file type that supports transparency. For all three I used the "optimal 2 bit" option in the uploader, with transparency on. I can't figure out why the other two work just fine but not this one.

g.drawImage(require("Storage").read("Min­Hand.png"),120,1333,{scale:1,rotate:0});­

• in Bangle.js

This is all through Android, I've never actually figured out how to connect via a computer. Windows 7 and 10 I just can't get either jswatch to show up at all. In Linux I can get my computer's bluetooth to pair with the js2, but can't get the app loader or web ide to find the watch, paired or unpaired with the computer bluetooth.

Actually, I've been hoping to get that figured out as well, to make it easier to type in notepad++ and not have to send a file to my phone to test through the ide there, but maybe that's another issue for another thread. I was working on trying to get the connection going through Linux a bit more today, but for now I'm gonna call it a night, and will try more things over the weekend.

Actions