Member since Apr 2022 • Last active May 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 8 comments

Beans.

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Very interesting, thank you!

• in Bangle.js

I'm tinkering around with the scroller (on a Bangle 2) and I was wondering if there was a way to update scroller items using, say, setInterval. As a quick example:

var list = [];
    list[0] = 10;
    list[1] = 20;
    list[2] = 30;
    list[3] = 40;
    list[4] = 50;
    list[5] = 60;
    list[6] = 70;

E.showScroller({
      h : 40, c : list.length,
      draw : (idx, r) => {
        setInterval(function() {
          g.clearRect(r.x,r.y,r.x+r.w-1,r.y+r.h-1)­;
          g.setFont("6x8:2").drawString(list[idx],­r.x+10,r.y+4);
          list[idx]--;
        }, 1000);
      },
      select : (idx) => console.log("You selected ", idx)
      }
    );

If all items fit on the screen, it works fine, but when you start scrolling, the menu starts glitching. Is there a good way to have the items show up properly?

• in Bangle.js

@Serj Exactly what I was looking for, thank you! And yes, it is based on a Pebble watchface called Weather Land. Which reminds me, I should note that in the readme. Thank you all for your feedback!

• in Bangle.js

I've been working on a clock that uses vector graphics. It changes scenes according to weather conditions reported by Gadgetbridge, and also changes during night/day. So far it works fine on my Bangle 2, and it looks fine on the emulator, but I was wondering if it displays properly on an actual original Bangle.

https://frigis1.github.io/BangleApps/?id­=mtnclock

You don't necessarily have to install a weather app for Gadgetbridge - it'll default to clear weather. If the night/day scenes for clear weather show up fine, I'll be happy. And if you have a Bangle 2, I'd appreciate your feedback as well.

• in Bangle.js

You could use E.showAlert, or E.showPrompt if you want to customize your own buttons. I'm not sure what you mean by corrupting the display for the clock - once the user hits okay you can use something like load() to return the user to the watch face.

• 10 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Wowzers, this is huge! Thanks @Gordon and @Alessandro for letting me know. I'll take a look and see about updating my app to the new alarm system.
    I personally wouldn't use an onscreen keyboard all that much (a three or four word reply to a message or note, maybe) but I could imagine one being useful to others. The idea @rigrig has about canned responses would be awesome.

• in Bangle.js

I've created an app that lets users create notes using an onscreen keyboard. They can then turn those notes into alarms or timers. When the alarm activates, the note will appear on the screen, along with the usual "sleep" and "ok" buttons. From what I've read from other posts, it's apparently okay to have your app modify alarm.json - I wanted to confirm that it's actually okay? Also, notes created from my app are stored in the "msg" field in alarm.json - and although the default alarm app handles the "msg" field, it doesn't seem to make use of it at all. So my other question is, would adding a "msg" field to alarm.json cause any potential problems? So far from my testing, I could create/modify/delete alarms from either my app or the alarm app without conflicts or problems.

My app can be seen here: https://frigis1.github.io/BangleApps/?id­=noteify

Actions